Sunday, February 19, 2012

Briggs & Stratton 30468 6,875 Watt 305cc Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit

Briggs & Stratton 30468 6,875 Watt 305cc Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit Description

Briggs & Stratton manufactures small engines and outdoor power equipment. For 100 years, we've been building the engines that power the equipment people use to get the job done. That's the reason consumers look for the Briggs & Stratton brand when they shop for power equipment. Hurricanes. Ice storms. Wind storms. You've seen the after-effects, entire communities without power. A generator will ensure your family has the power needed when faced with unexpected outages. Two types of generators are available: portable generators and permanently installed home generator systems. Briggs & Stratton Elite Series products have heavy-duty components and features with a longer warranty to back them up. They perform tirelessly around the home, farm or on the job.

Features

  •     6,875 Watts Surge/5,500 Watts Continuous
  •     Four 120 volt AC outlets, one 120 volt 30 amp locking outlet
  •     5 gallon fuel tank with gauge provides up to 10 hour run time at 1/2 load.
  •     Non-CARB compliant/Not for sale in California
  •     Includes wheel kit for easy transport

This review is from: Briggs & Stratton 30468 6,875 Watt 305cc Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit

generator review, November 30, 2011 By b.haase

My generator was delivered as promised. It was delivered by a lift gate truck and hand carted to my garage. Assembly of the wheel kit was simple.Easy directions to the first start.It started on the first pull!I wired up the transfer switch and pluged in the generator. Every thing worked as promised.NO emergency yet but were ready!

Received Over Thanksgiving..., November 30, 2011 By Terry N. Thompson (Yardley, PA USA)
(REAL NAME)

I just received my Briggs & Stratton Generator the day before Thanksgiving. This is one beautiful machine and solidily built - 185 lbs meant I had to open in my garage by cutting the box. Assembly was very easy - 20 minutes. After purchasing gasoline and filling with oil... my B&S started on the first pull! As many have said, all generators are a bit noisy... but NOW I have power when the lights go out, which in Bucks County PA, happens all the time. I'm ready for the next power outage...

Generator Received - Pleasantly Not as Advertised, November 17, 2011 By Mark

The model 30468 Briggs Generator, as advertised on Amazon, shows that it comes with the 1450 series engine. This disagrees with the specs as shown on the Briggs & Stratton website, for this model. The Briggs website shows it with the 1650 series engine (2 more ft-lbs of torque, 342 cc displacement). I was pleasantly surprised when mine arrived, to find that it did come with the slightly larger 1650 series engine. This was cause for confusion when first shopping on-line. I am assuming that Amazon has this misrepresented, and all others ordering this model will receive it with the larger engine.

Generator arrived in perfect condition and was easy to assemble. In general, the product looks well built, durable, and will hopefully stand the test of time. I have yet to fire it up, waiting to purchase 5W-30 synthetic oil which I plan to use in lieu of the 10W-30 Briggs oil that it came with.

Hopefully Amazon will correct this (potential) error associated with the engine designation, and clear up the confusion.

Filled with oil and gas a couple days later and started on the first pull. Ran smoothly for 15 minutes or so with no load. Well, I did plug a small air compressor into one of the 110V sockets to check it out. Worked fine. Once my transfer switch is installed, plan to test it out under full load (6 - 110V house circuits, including furnace and fridge. No 220V). For now, totally satisfied with this product, and would recommend as a good buy.

Well-made and runs great. Plenty of power!, November 8, 2011 By nice guy (Connecticut)

This generator arrived by truck freight. An ABF truck with a power lift gate delivered it and the driver used a hand-truck to put it in my garage. The generator was well packed and the box was intact.

Assembly time was under 15 minutes. All I had to do was use a couple of wrenches to attach the wheels, pop the wheel covers on, and attach a support bracket to the bottom of the machine.

I dumped the included bottle of oil into the oil fill port, put in a little gas, and it fired up on the first pull.

The generator is not "quiet", but it's quieter than the average lawn mower. It runs smoothly and my volt meter tells me that it's working just as it should.

Nice features include: hour meter, gas gauge, 30amp twist lock power connector

I use this generator to power my: well pump, 2 lighting circuits, fridge + a couple of kitchen outlets, and my oil-fired boiler (hot water and heat). I'm sure that I could power additional circuits, as well - as long as I don't turn on everything at once.

I'm really very happy with the generator but I gave it four stars because it could be quieter and Briggs doesn't publish the specs for total harmonic distortion (THD). I can tell you that everything I plugged in worked without a problem, but my multi-meter doesn't read 60Hz as I would like. It will occassionally read 62.5 Hz and then it starts jumping up to 400Hz+. I attribute this to a pretty distorted sine wave output. I don't have a scope to confirm that, but that's pretty common for generators of this class. I'm not terribly concerned, but I would not use this to power sensitive electronics if I had an alternative. For general household stuff, it's great.

Very nice so far, October 10, 2011 By D. Stines
(REAL NAME)

I had purchased this about a month ago. Was very easy to put together. I have used it one time for a test run. Started up very easily and I used it to power my fridge for about an hour. I'll update when I really get to use it. It does look like a very nice piece of equipment though.

So far so good!
, October 2, 2011 By Lisa (USA)

I have no complaints with this generator thus far...it is brand new and I have not had any reason to use it yet. I have been starting it up once per week (per advice from different websites) and it starts on one pull...I guess I will add to this review once I have had it for awhile. It did arrive with a dent on it despite the box having no visible signs of damage...the damaged part (a black cover for wires) did not affect anything at all so I did not feel as though I had to contact Amazon or the manufacturer.

Works as Advertised, September 13, 2011 By John57

I purchased this generator after not being able to find one in the stores as the most recent hurricane came up the east coast of the US. The generator arrived quickly and started the first time that I pulled the starting handle after filling it with oil and fuel. No problems. It was covered in oil while in the box because the quart of oil that came with the unit leaked during shipment but a rag and a little cleaner cleaned this right up. I am pleased with the generator. I have tested for an extended period of time at nearly full load and it works as advertized. I would recommended this generator to anyone who would like the peace of mind of knowing that they have electrical power available when the lights go out for extended periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment