Sunday, February 12, 2012

WEN 56352 3,000 Watt 196cc 6.5 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit

WEN 56352 3,000 Watt 196cc 6.5 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit Description

Feel powerless when the electricity goes out? With the WEN 56352 3000 Watt Gasoline Generator, feel safe and secure. Power when and where you need it. Emergency back up in the home or office. Although, this isn't just for emergencies, use it where an extension cord won't reach, ideal at the campground for power to your equipment. Supply power to your tools for those at home projects. This unit offers 6.5 HP OHV single cylinder engine, 3000 running watts of power with 15 hours of run time at half load. Features 120V outlet, 120/240V NEMA outlet, 12V cigarette style DC receptacle. Engine hour counter, automatic voltage regulator and circuit breaker. Also features a 4 gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge, automatic low oil engine shutdown, non contact transistorized ignition and a wheel kit.

WEN 56352 3,000 Watt 196cc 6.5 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit Features
  •     3500 peak, 3000 running watts
  •     4 Gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge
  •     11 hrs. Run time at half load
  •     Automatic low oil engine shutdown
  •     Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California

This review is from: WEN 56352 3,000 Watt 196cc 6.5 HP OHV 4-Cycle Gas Powered Portable Generator With Wheel Kit

Rating based on assembly and testing, January 9, 2012 By Ken L.

Bought this generator after an autumn in CT that brought a hurricane and snow storm in October that each had power outages. The product arrived in only a few days. Assembly was pretty straight forward. Only issue was one screw that was painted over the threads that made it extremely difficult to screw in and even cracked a tool that came with the generator. That was a fluke and I wouldn't call it a major issue. I assembled the device and started it up per the instructions. The engine turned over on the first pull. I tested it with a number of appliances, and it seems to run as advertised. My expectations are that it will run in the event that we lose power, and I will be able to plug in the basic appliances that we will need, e.g. some lights, electric heater, radio, computers, etc.

Wonderful generator at a great price!, January 5, 2012 By S. Coulter "Geekaholic" (New York)
(REAL NAME)  

After surviving a freak snow storm that led to a 2 day power outage in October, I decided to spring for this generator. It was easy to assemble and started upon first pull. Later on it took more than one pull to get it going and I needed to use 2 hands to do it, but it started just fine. I am impressed that I got such a nice generator at such a low price.

Looks like a solid unit, December 30, 2011 By Rev

I dont have more than a couple hours on this unit but my observations so far:
Easy set up, took about 30 minutes to get out of box and set up. Directions are Ok.
Nice smaller size and noise isnt too bad MUCH less than my larger 5500 watt honeywell. I like the hour counter feature. Starts up on 2nd pull, seems to run fine, Not super heavy in that I can heft it myself if need be but the wheel kit coming included is a great touch. These seem to be selling for $339 shipped which as long as it holds up is a solid price for a midsize generator. I also like the 30 amp socket so I can hook up to transfer switch with 30 amp cord (not included)

like it and did the job, October 20, 2011 By Allan

I was out for 3 days and was able to charge cell phone, laptop and a saltwater fish tank
fyi it is loud but it seems like all of them are.

Generator, September 24, 2011 By JBinVB (VB, VA)

Ordered due to hurricane Irene coming. Delivered on time and promptly. Easy to set up and pretty quiet. Didn't need 4 ourselves this time, but lent to a friend for 3 days who was very happy to borrow and have some power for refrigerator and AC.

Wen 56352 Generator, September 20, 2011 By Lens Hood "outsider" (Wisconsin USA)

So far so good with this piece of equipment. The order was delivered in a timely manner. I have approximately 3 hours (engine hours) of use on this generator. It has been used to run the sump pump during a power outage (the original reason for acquiring it) as well as a couple of power saws and a hedge trimmer. It started right up and was fairly quiet for a gas powered generator. How will it hold up and perform a year or two from now? Well, I'm hopeful that it won't fail, but who knows. Watch for an update if my hopes are dashed.

Works well for the price, September 5, 2011 By coop7111

I ordered this generator 4 days before Irene was scheduled to hit, requested 2nd day delivery, and Amazon came through. It was delivered in 2 days and provided me the time to get everything ready. Assembling the generator (handles, wheels, feet) took about 20 minutes and the tools that come with it make it a snap. I sunk some copper pipe I had laying around into the ground where I planned on placing the generator and connected some leftover 12 AWG to the pipe. I filled the tank with gas, made sure I filled the crankcase with oil (be careful where you do this since there is most likely going to be some spillage), connected the ground wire, and fired her up. She started almost immediately and ran smooth (a little loud, but almost no sound inside the house). I connected a couple of power tools and turned them on to test...worked flawlessly.

The hurricane caused us to lose power for 2 days, and this generator saved us from losing hundreds of dollars in frozen food. It ran a freezer, a refrigerator/freezer combo, LCD TV, cable box, Wii, charged cellphones and a Nintendo DSI, and powered cable modem & router, all without a problem. Lasted about 10 hours on a full tank. I was almost sad to get electricity back it worked so well.

I would give it 5 stars, but I can't judge its durability after only using it for 2 days.

Great purchase!, September 2, 2011 By B-Mo

I ordered this generator as the threat of Hurricane Irene approached. We lose power frequently in my neighborhood and I expected to be out of power for a few days. Luckily, we only lost power for about 24 hours, but this generator definitely saved me a lot of money. It powered 2 sump pumps (which were running about ever 2 minutes during the storm), a refrigerator/freezer, an upright freezer, a carbon monoxide detector (I had the generator on my back porch and just wanted to be sure the CO wasn't coming back inside), and a lamp. I am extremely pleased with the unit and have piece of mind knowing I have back-up power for essential appliances.

Great little generator., September 1, 2011 By J. Twardy (NJ USA)
(REAL NAME)  

Ordered generator on Wednesday before Huricane Irene to power my sump pump because my basement floods with heavy rain. Had Amazon Prime and for 4 dollars the generator was in my garage on Thursday morning. Added the recommended synthetic oil, gasoline and attached grounding wire. Engine started on first pull and I was set. Lost power Sunday for over two days. Used the generator to power my sump pump, refrigerator and my neighbors sump pump with no problem. Oil needs to be changed initially after 20 hours and then every 50 hours. Not sure if this is neccesary with synthetic oil. Generator was somewhat noisy, but did not keep anyone up at night.

Did The JOB!, August 31, 2011 By HomieDontPlay "djhemp" (Connecticut)

I ordered this generator on the Aug 23rd when I finally felt that the threat of Hurricane Irene was imminent for us here in Connecticut. Our particular part of Southwest CT got hit 2 years ago by a "freak" storm that took down tons of trees and knocked out power for over a week for some. Knowing that, I didn't want to be in the dark in my home.

I received this on Aug 25th via Amazon Prime and it was packaged very well. I took it out, put some Royal Purple (synthetic) in it This baby fired up on the first pull. It did the job and did it well. I put about 30 hours on it and powered all the appliances we needed. It powered sump pump (periodicity), 2 refrigerators, a few cfl's, 50" plasma, dvd surround system, fan, and cell/ipad chargers with NO PROBLEM! To run my oil furnace I had to just turn off 1 refrigerator. It was very light on gas and performed with the advertised 11 hours/4 gals/half-load, and that was with all of those appliances on! My wife wanted to make coffee and our Keurig uses 1500 watts. Again shutting off one refrigerator allowed the power to get a cup a coffee.

I now have peace of mind and would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to spend a fortune but still needs the comforts of modern day living. The wheel kit is also a great feature and makes it very easy to move.

As far as noise goes, I think this generator is pretty quiet. Compared to the 3 others on my street, mine was the most quiet. Perhaps smaller, but still didn't echo like the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment