Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yamaha EF3000iSE 3,000 Watt 171cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator With Electric Start (CARB Compliant)

Yamaha EF3000iSE 3,000 Watt 171cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator With Electric Start (CARB Compliant) Description

Inverter System with Pulse Width Modulation - Industry-leading system that produces higher-quality and cleaner electricity. Results in pure sine wave as clean or cleaner than commercial power and can operate products with built in microcomputers. Noise Block Acoustically designed sound reduction system - The full enclosure is made of sound absorbing material used in key locations inside the enclosure along with newly designed muffler and molded fan produce unbeatable noise reduction. Smart Throttle Load Sensing Throttle Control - Automatically adjusts engine speed to precisely match load, resulting in greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction. Oil Watch Warning System - Automatically shuts off before oil level is low and cannot be re-started until oil is added. Prevents engine damage and costly repairs while enhancing long-term durability. OHV 171cc Engine (Overhead Valve) - Offers increased reliability, low oil consumption, noise-reducing operation and increased peace of mind. Long Run Time - Runs Continuously for up to 20.5 hours without refueling (at 1/4 rated load with "Economy Control" function on. 12 Volt DC Output (Battery Charging Cables Included) - Recharge 12 volt batteries for RV, auto, marine, aircraft, etc. Exclusive Dual Coil Alternator Stator - Reduces noise, fuel consumption and engine wear by running at lower engine speed. Centralized Control Panel - Control Panel enables easy access to controls. Electric Starter - Effortless starting and easy operation.


Features
  •     3,000 Watt Maximum AC Output/2,800 Watt Rated AC Output
  •     Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control
  •     Smart Throttle Load Sensing Throttle Control
  •     Electric Start
  •     CARB Compliant
The EF3000iSE and its inverter system features Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), delivering clean power so you can use it confidently for powering computers, solid-state appliances with built-in computer functions or microcomputer-controlled power tools. Other features include Noise Block Acoustically designed sound reduction system, Smart Throttle and Economy Control electrical governor for improved fuel economy and reduces sound levels. The EF3000iSE is ideal for around the home or at a campsite. 2-year limited warranty.

This review is from: Yamaha EF3000iSE 3,000 Watt 171cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator With Electric Start (CARB Compliant)
Yamaha EF3000iSE very nice compared to others, January 17, 2012 By atrox13

Pro:
1. Electric start works every time. 2 or 3 cranks it starts.
2. Very quite.
3. Nice fit and finish.
4. The gas gauge is nice.
5. The power is very clean and runs computers with no problem.
6. I like the fuel turn off valve. You can drain all the fuel from the carb. by just turning off the fuel and letting engine run out of fuel. I hope this helps keep the carb. from gumming up.

Con:
1. The wheels are fixed and do not swivel. This means you have to pick it up to change directions and roll it. This is a very heavy machine.
2. This thing still uses still uses a manual choke in 2012. Geez!
3. Like most generators filling the oil after a change is difficult and you have to pour oil in and try to not overfill. Not easy and messy. I would love to have a glass site gauge to check oil instead of opening the panel and dipstick.
4. The rubber pad under the oil drain plug is very hard to put back after an oil change.

Nitpicks:
1. At this premium price a hour meter and tachometer should be standard equipment.

Things to be aware of:
1. You have to fill the battery with acid when you receive the machine. The provided acid filler works well.
2. You will have to buy a special cable or socket converted to use the twist lock 30 amp socket. I paid $37 for a 25 ft 30 amp cable with 3 outlets.
3. There is no lock fixture or hole. So to secure it with a cable or chain you need to loop through the machine handles and that could chip the paint.

Misc:
I had intended to convert this generator to tri-fuel using a kit from US Carburation. They list it on their site and also sell the same Yamaha generators they convert for you. I ordered the kit but they said that the company had changed the design and it would no longer work. Very disappointing for disaster preparation.

Recommendation:
I still like the generator compared others because it is so low noise and fuel efficient in econo mode. I would recommend this for camping, home or rv use.

This review is from: Yamaha EF3000iSE 3,000 Watt 171cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator With Electric Start (CARB Compliant)

always reliable, October 5, 2011 By jmc

i own 17 of these one for each room at my house in Carmel Ca. and they work great. im planing on buying 10 more as back ups. you just never know when youll need more power. im going to ask my pilot if we should have one in my private jet. why not?

Proven, January 20, 2011 By Convinced
We use the product on an RV every year. It's power saver feature insures the unit will run all night keeping you warm or cool (if you remember to turn it on). Easy electric starts definately a plus in regards to children/family helping set everything up. In camping situations, everyone around you will be in awe of how quiet this runs. It is pricey but worth it. Must say I am curious about the higher power unit available now, but so far have never needed any more power. If you are looking for quality and dependability, this is your generator. We have been using this for 6+ years without complaint.

Yamaha EF3000iSE 3,000 Watt Generator
, December 12, 2010 By GBSrdh (LHP FL)

I highly recommend this product. I got this generator after Hurricanes Frances & Jeanne hit our state, knocked out our power for 10 days.
The first generator I got out of desperation, it was hot and we lost a refrigerator full of food...this generator was horribly loud & I knew it would be a matter of time before the neighbors complained. Thankfully I was able to sell it the following day and I immediately ordered 2- Yamaha 3000 generators, I own a duplex so the neighbor had to get one too.

Wow, what a huge difference! Even with 2 generators going at once it was much quieter than my vacuum cleaner. I was able to connect my refrigerator, TV, a standing lamp and a window AC (5,000watt) unit for nighttime use. When Jeanne hit everyone in Lighthouse Point FL seemed to have purchased those ear busting generators!

Needless to say I am very happy and pleased with my Yamaha generators. When Wilma hit in 2005 we were out of power for nearly 2 weeks and those generators came in handy. On a full tank (energy save switch on) they will last through the night 7-8 hrs. I would shut them down for the morning, refill the tanks and have them on in the afternoon.

You get what you pay for and these are excellent generators, very quiet, great for hurricane season and for camping, any outdoor events where you need power, it will do the job. Maintenance is easy, just like maintaining the engine of a car, you have to do the same with a generator. Change the oil/filter/spark plug and follow storage protocol.

Excellent Generator, October 30, 2010 By Bill (Fort Wayne, IN)

I am very happy with this generator, does everything I hoped for, and more. The hardest part was installing the battery, made me nervous filling battery with acid. But, following the instructions it went without a hitch. I thought they forgot to include the battery strap since it was not on the battery when I took it out of generator. But, I found it lying in the battery compartment way in the back. So check if you do not see yours, it is a rubber strap. Adding the oil is a little tricky, I bought a funnel that twist around for the job. The motor wants to RUN..... after gassing up I hardly pulled the cord and it took off. I let it run for 30 minutes to charge the battery. I shut it off, and restarted it using battery power, again it took off like a shot. In the mean time I installed a transfer switch on my furnace, a couple days later. Testing the generator on the furnace I hooked up the generator, again it took off like a shot. It ran my furnace with no labor what so ever. I am ready for the ice and snow this time. Last winter I was without power 4 days, no heat no lights, no fun. Oh, yes it is a little heavy, I can lift one end, but not the whole thing, but it is on wheels, so I can move it around my garage no problem. Kind of wish the smaller wheels would swivel, then I would not have to lift and move one end, to steer it around. Yes, it is expensive, but quiet and runs smooth and worth every penny. EF3000ISE

Yamaha 3000 Inverter/Generator, September 11, 2010 By John M. Lane "Feaquent Flyer" (Alaska)
(REAL NAME)

Have it for a month now...what a great machine!
(of course there wasn't free shipping for me) I still would have bought it.
Quiet, economical and its blue!
The electric start works great for my older parents.
I wish it was a 30 amp plug instead of a 25 amp, but it works where I need it to work.
Now our camp neighbors have some piece and quiet while we still have power to spare.

Plenty of power, May 18, 2010 By Mark Rivard
(REAL NAME)

I purchased this generator from a local camper dealer about 3 years ago so we could camp in the parking lot at our kids colleges. The electric start is a nice feature and if I was to buy another one I would get it with the remote START/STOP feature. I found a place that I can order it to add to mine. There is enough power to run one AC, any lights you want, TV, water pump all at the same time. Fuel consumption is very low. I haven't clocked the hours per tank, but we take it to a state part in Connecticut where there is no power at all and can get through 3 or 4 days on a tank full. There is also a option to add a propane fuel supply. This is also one of the quietest generators I have heard in the campgrounds. You can stand right beside the unit and have a normal conversation. I wish Yamaha would make a model to install in my 5er so I didn't have to load it into the truck. It's a bit heavy so I am going to add a hoist to my garage to help with the loading now that the kids are no longer at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment